Date(s) - 20/09/2022
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The good, the Bad and the Ugly: A learning, discussion and networking event for researchers, practitioners and funders involved or interested in the role of faith, religion and spiritualities in GBV prevention and response
Join the JLI and SVRI Faith and GBV Hub for a learning, discussion and networking event for researchers, practitioners and funders involved or interested in the role of faith, religion and spiritualities in #GBV prevention and response.
Organizer: JLI/SVRI Faith and GBV Hub. The Hub aims to advance the evidence base and capacity for research on faith and gender-based violence. The Hub provides an opportunity for advocacy through a platform to share research findings and strengthen the capacity of those in the field of Faith and GBV.
- Dorah Kiconco Musinguzi, Senior Technical Advisor and What Works 2 Coordinator, Raising Voices;
- Dr Elisabet le Roux, Research Director, Unit for Religion and Development Research, Stellenbosh University;
- Sabine Nkusi, Gender and Protection Unit Lead, Gender and Protection Unit Thematic Support Team, Tearfund;
- Solange Mbonigaba, Coordinator, Tearfund’s Survivor Movement;
- Kirsten Laursen Muth, Chief Executive Officer, The Joint Learning Initiative (JLI) on Faith & Local Communities;
- Anna Alaszewski, Programme Specialist, UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women;
- Sandra Iman Pertek, Research Fellow, Department of Social Policy, Sociology and Criminology, University of Birmingham;
- Angelica Pino, Grants Manager and Capacity Strengthening Specialist, SVRI.
When? Tuesday 20 September 06:00 pm. (Eastern Standard Time)
Where? Mallorca Meeting Room, Paradisus Hotel, Cancun – This is an in-person event.