Date(s) - 01/06/2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am
10 AM ET/3 pm UK/ 5 PM Kenya/ 7 AM PT
On June 1st, JLI’s Ending Violence Against Children Hub is hosting the second event of their ongoing series. Join the hub to discuss the role of religious leaders and faith communities as first responders to violence against children. Register for the roundtable here.
- Introduction to the role of religious leaders and faith communities as first responders to violence against children (VAC)
- Guest Speaker: Rev Dirk Coetsee, Petra Institute
- Moderated roundtable by Dr Selina Palm, Stellenbosch University focused on examples of religious leaders, faith-based organizations and faith communities responding to VAC
Moderated Roundtable Contributors:
- Arigatou International
- Islamic Relief Worldwide
- World Vision International
- Queen Margaret University
About the guest speaker:
Rev Dirk Coetsee is a mentor and partnership developer at Petra Institute, a faith-based non-profit organisation based in South Africa, focussing on children and intergenerational issues. He holds degrees in Psychology and Theology and for 12 years served as pastor in a destitute rural community in South Africa while completing his M.Th. in Pastoral Counselling. He joining Petra Institute in 1999 and served the organisation as managing director for 16 years.