On May 16, 2023, Episcopal Relief & Development (ERD), Episcopal Church of Liberia Relief & Development (ECLRD), and the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith & Local Communities (JLI) organized a webinar ‘Scaling Up Faith Leaders’ Engagement to Prevent and Respond to Violence against Women & Girls (VAWG)’ that presented evaluation results and learnings from a program in Liberia that is working to end VAWG.
- Dr Chiseche Mibenge, Director of Gender Initiatives at ERD, introduced ERD and the work they have been doing on VAWG.
- Annette Musu, ECLRD Director, shared a few words about the ‘Scaling Up Faith Leaders’ Engagement to Prevent and Respond to Violence against VAWG’ Programme in Liberia in a video.
- Dr Lisa Le Roux from Stellenbosch University presented the evaluation findings and learnings of the programme. Her presentation is available here.
- Ernest Cajuste, Senior Program Officer at ERD, shared stories from his visit of the project right before Covid.
- Opor Srisuwan, Project Manager of Child Protection & Women Empowerment at International Network of Engaged Buddhists, shared what resonated with her from the presentations and gave us a perspective from another context.
- Finally, there was Q&A session where participants had the chance to ask their questions and share their own experience about the webinar’s topic.
You can read the full report below or download it here.