The UNAIDS-PEPFAR Faith Initiative aims to leverage global and country leadership by Faith partners. The Initiative has a strong global dimension as well as it focuses on selected countries to strengthen local Faith partners engagement. Priority countries are selected based on their status of the HIV epidemic and the level of engagement of local Faith partners in the response. The Initiative is designed as a consortium of longstanding FBO partners of PEPFAR and UNAIDS, working together to build and combine their strengths, promote evidence-based policy and practice and to strengthen advocacy efforts. This Initiative builds on the progress achieved by its previous phases that were implemented by UNAIDS in 2016-2022. The purposes of the Consultancy are:
1. To provide technical assistance to all Implementing Partners on implementation of their activities in the focus countries and at the global level.
- Follow-up to the 2022 Interfaith events, including: national multi-stakeholder paediatric consultations, Framework for Dialogue, implementation of the FBO action plans in support of the national AIDS strategies, 2022 Interfaith Conference, UNGA Faith engagement events.
- Organization of the Community Prayer Breakfast on the sideline of the UN General Assembly highlevel segment in September 2023.
- Organization of activities (maintenance of campaigns, webinars, training) within the Interfaith Health Platform.
- Support to relevant Faith partners events and their involvement in global and regional conferences.
- Guidance on HIV-related stigma and discrimination, input in the implementation of existing tools and strategies.
2. To provide technical assistance in the coordination of the activities led by the ICP/UNAIDS Faith Engagement Senior Adviser and their reporting:
- Support in organization and chairing of the Interfaith Health Platform Core Group meetings.
- Management of the Interfaith Health Platform website.
- Assistance with the reporting of the IPs activities to the donor.
- Input in relevant documents, briefings and talking points for the UNAIDS senior representatives.
- Guidance to other consultants and Faith partners of the response.
Duration: counter signature to 30 September 2023 with 12 days a month
Deadline to submit proposal: 21 October 2022
For more details and expression of interest, please go to the UNGM website here.