The Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities (JLI) is an international collaboration and knowledge platform on evidence for faith actors’ activities and contributions to development and humanitarian action for community well-being.
JLI brings together international humanitarian and development organizations, UN agencies, academic institutions and FBOs and religious bodies for joint learning and collaboration. Together, these groups generate and communicate robust evidence to policy makers and practitioners in order to strengthen partnerships between faith groups and the humanitarian and development communities.
JLI is recruiting a Website and Digital Strategy Coordinator with experience in communications and platforms and an interest in international development, humanitarian or relevant subject areas.
- Support the development and launch of JLI’s new website
- Develop an equitable communications and content strategy for JLI’s key audiences
- Position the JLI network as the ‘go-to’ digital knowledge platform for religion and development evidence and foster a critical exchange of ideas
Scope of Work
- Involved in the design, development, and implementation processes with an ideal website launch date of Oct 2021.
- Coordinate and ensure that the website is delivered on time and aligned with the JLI brand and specific elements of the brand that best reflect JLI.
- Solicit productive and timely feedback from JLI staff, managing a work plan to stay on track
- Participate in regular (weekly or bi-weekly, to be determined by JLI) check-in meetings between JLI, coordinator, and Firespring for updates, requests, etc.
- Develop a digital strategy to ensure global south accessibility and incorporating recommendations in the JLI Digital Infrastructure – Investment, Upgrade and Expansion
- Ensure JLI’s digital presence, including social media, CRM and digital marketing efforts are aligned with branding
- Develop content strategy and identify members who can contribute to social media or other communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or English and at least 5 years of work experience.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, CRM experience (Neon CRM is a plus), WordPress), experience with SEO optimized web content is a plus
- Adept on social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with fast-paced, interactive work style in a virtual context
Compensation: Part-time and based on experience.
Please send a resume, a relevant writing sample and a letter of interest, describing how your experience relates to the responsibilities and how you meet the required qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org