JLI Refugee Hub Co-Chair Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh with Mette Berg launched a new journal: Migration and Society, published by Bergahn Books. The first issue will be published in 2018 on Hospitality and hostility towards migrations: global perspectives.
Call for articles until Sept 2017 on the following questions:
- How, and why, have different actors responded to the actual, prospective, and imagined arrival of migrants across time and space?
- How have migrants and refugees experienced and responded to different, and at times overlapping, processes of hospitality and hostility in sites of transit and settlement?
- What are the politics and the poetics of hospitality and hostility towards migrants in different spaces?
- As ‘new’ migrants join established diasporas and transnational communities, how have ‘locals’ and ‘established’ migrants and refugees responded to ‘newly’ displaced people?
- How, why, and with what effects have diverse media represented processes of migration? Who has been rendered (hyper)visible and audible, and/or invisible, inaudible, and silenced in different representations of migration?
- What are the historic resonances, continuities, and discontinuities of contemporary dynamics of hospitality and hostility towards migrants?
For more information see Journal Website