CLAI is a Regional Ecumenical Organisation with a membership of 175 Latin American churches with presence in every country in the region.
CLAI has the following objectives:
- Promoting the unity of God’s people as part of the concept of mission and service to the world.
- Stimulating member churches to unify diakonia and evangelisation.
- Strengthening capacity in advocacy and public, social and political participation of the churches and of CLAI itself.
- Promoting reflection and theological dialogue.
- Training leadership on social issues of development and pastoral work.