The Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities (JLI) is an international collaboration and knowledge platform on evidence for faith groups’ activities and contributions to local development and humanitarian challenges.
JLI brings together international humanitarian and development organizations, UN agencies, academic institutions and FBOs and religious bodies for joint learning and collaboration. Together, these groups generate and communicate robust evidence to policy makers and practitioners in order to strengthen partnerships between faith groups and the humanitarian and development communities.
JLI is recruiting a learning and communications consultant with experience in international development, humanitarian or relevant subject area, and an interest in the role of faith and religion.
- 50% of this work will be informed by the Ending Violence Against Children (EVAC) Hub work to date and communications priorities as identified by the Hub. Working closely with JLI’s Senior Programs and Knowledge Manager, the consultant will develop hub communications content.
- Develop communications materials to support key themes as identified from EVAC Hub leadership including three one-pagers and revise online evidence guide to support three online events.
- Produce and share supporting materials may also include blog posts, podcasts and newspaper articles. (August – Sept)
50% of this work will be focused on improving overall JLI communications strategy and designing a comprehensive CRM platform representing specific target groups/audiences. The communications strategy will be informed by the work done to date within the EVAC hub, as above deliverables will inform replication by other hubs.
- Develop weekly content for JLI social media platforms. Track and improve analytics and indicators to achieve communications goals and report to JLI staff. (August- Dec)
- Ensure website content communicates JLI vision and programs accurately.
- Revise and improve Hub webpages. (August- Dec)
- Support CRM Platform development for network growth and analysis across audiences (August- Dec)
Skill set and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications and understanding of International Development, and Humanitarian issues; familiarity with religion is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, especially from technical and academic texts to documents for more policymakers and practitioners.
- Skilled in social media, including Mail Chimp, Google Analytics and WordPress.
- Experience with design software such as Canva, able to produce branded publications and newsletters
- Experience with selecting, creating and managing CRM software,
- Comfortable with fast paced, interactive work style in a virtual context
Compensation will be based on experience, estimated 60-75 hours per month
Reports to: JLI Sr Programs and Knowledge Manager
Please send a resume, a relevant writing sample and letter of interest, describing how your experience and qualifications relate to these responsibilities to: [email protected]