Save the Date
September 19, 2017
The Salvation Army – International Social Justice Commission offices, New York City, NY 10022
(the office is between 2nd and 3rd Avenue in Manhattan – closer to 3rd)
Call in through Zoom will be available
PLEASE RSVP to [email protected]
The JLI Ending Violence Against Children (EVAC) Learning Hub brings together academics, policy experts, and practitioners to review and analyse the knowledge base regarding the multiple roles of faith and faith actors to influence or end violence against children, in line with SDG 16.2. Currently, existing data is not standardized and there is no central repository or systematic review. The hub will help overcome evidence gaps regarding faith communities role in violence against children and help inform and improve policy and practice.
- Member introductions
- Exchange information about members’ interests and work relating to the Hub topic.
- Discuss and prioritize research themes
- Review and discuss Hub Terms of Reference and concept note
- Updates on faith in relation to ending violence in the context of current policy environment
- Discuss how the hub will work together and next steps
The Ending Violence Against Children Hub is a part of the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith & Local Communities Learning Hubs, which narrow the focus of enquiry about evidence for faith groups’ activities and contributions to community wellbeing to selected sub-topics. For more information, see the Ending Violence Against Children Hub draft Terms of Reference and concept note. For any questions or more information please contact [email protected]