Date(s) - 07/06/2018
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join the Center for Migration Studies for a half-day symposium on the Global Compact on Refugees.
This event will draw from the special Journal on Migration and Human Security collection, “Strengthening the Global Refugee Protection System,” in assessing the progress of the Compact, currently being negotiated by United Nations member states.
This is a free event but registration is required.
12:30PM – 1:00PM: LUNCH
1:00PM – 1:05PM: INTRODUCTION
Center for Migration Studies
1:05PM – 1:15PM: OVERVIEW OF GLOBAL REFUGEE COMPACT
Senior Protection Officer
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
1:15PM – 3:00PM: PANEL
- Moderator: Kevin Appleby, Senior Director of International Migration Policy, Center for Migration Studies
- Bela Hovy, Chief of the Migration Section, Population Division, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
- Donald Kerwin, Executive Director, Center for Migration Studies
- Jennifer Podkul, Director of Policy, Kids in Need of Defense
- Sarnata Reynolds, Policy Advisor, Global Displacement and Migration, Oxfam International