Date(s) - 07/06/2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
7:00-8:30 am San Francisco / 10:00-11:30 am New York / 2:00-3:30 pm Dakar /4:00-5:30 pm Geneva / 5:00-6:30 pm Nairobi / 7:30-9:00 pm Mumbai /9:00-10:30 pm Bangkok
On occasion of the High-Level Meeting (HLM) on Ending inequalities and getting on track to end AIDS by 2030 (June 2021), the UNAIDS-PEPFAR Faith Initiative is organizing a side event Faith2EndAIDS – Faith2EndInequalities on June 7th which will focus on the importance of accelerating the response to HIV by faith groups and communities over the next five years.
The current situation of the HIV epidemic, hampered by the COVID-19 pandemic, demands an urgent global response, and faith leaders and communities are critical elements of that response. In this context, it is crucial that all sectors, including the faith sector, endorse the new Political Declaration, and then engage in supporting its implementation.
- Provide faith leaders and representatives of FBOs and communities with a clear sense of the main areas of action that will emerge from the UN High-Level Meeting outcome document.
- Identify key actions through which faith leaders, communities and groups can fast-track the HIV response.
- Engage FBOs and faith leaders in the 12Million Campaign by committing to key actions that could promote access to HIV services for the 12 million children, women, men, and people from key population groups, who are living with HIV and are still not on quality and consistent HIV treatment, care and support.
- Share lessons learned by FBOs and faith communities to address stigma and discrimination; promote human rights; and increase access to HIV services.
- Exchange views on ways to strengthen the collaboration among different faiths as well as among faiths and other sectors.
Click here for the HLM Side Event – Faith2EndAIDS Flyer and view the speakers.
View the event on the Interfaith Health Platform
Event Zoom link