GBV Hub Leadership Council:
|Prabu Deepan, Tearfund||Rafael Cazarin, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona||Kirsten L Muth, JLI|
The JLI Faith and GBV Hub was launched in 2014 under the JLI. One of five current a learning hubs of the JLI, the GBV Hub aims to build on the momentum of the efforts of a variety of members actively involved in GBV efforts across the world ranging from INGOs, researchers, and faith institutions, among others.
Recent GBV Hub Publications
Agenda setting report by Dr Elisabet le Roux and the GBV Hub published May 2019 with the PaRD SDG 5 Work-Stream and presented at CSW 63
Previous Hub Evidence Work
From 2017-2018 the GBV Hub conducted a UK Aid funded study on engaging religious leaders to challenge harmful and traditional practices. Led by Elisabet le Roux and Selina Palm (Stellenbosch), Brenda Bartelink (University of Groningen). The toolkit is available on the JLI GBV Hub.
- State of Evidence Talking points and Powerpoint
- Hub Scoping Study and brief: The role of faith communities and organisations in prevention and response to sexual and gender-based violence: Implications for policy and practice (2015)
- GBV in conflict settings (modified critical interpretive synthesis)
- World Humanitarian Summit Brief
- Related Article in RFIA 2016: Getting dirty: Working with faith leaders to prevent and respond to gender-based violence