JLI is looking for a Communication Specialist to be a key resource in driving external and internal communications. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing a shared vision, understanding, commitment and exposure of the work of JLI to ensure increased engagement and visibility with our members. The development and implementation of an innovative strategic communications plan and shared vision will include, but not be limited to social media strategies, community engagement, internal support, event management of relevant meetings, digital production, and monitoring and evaluation support for internal/external reporting.
JLI is a global learning network of researchers and practitioners. We build fair and equitable spaces to create and share evidence on religions and religious actors in development, humanitarian action, peacebuilding and community work. We aim to strengthen partnerships between and amongst faith and non-faith actors, internationally and locally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the JLI team to develop and implement an effective communications strategy.
- Manage and update content in the JLI website and social media outlets, ensuring maximum visibility of the organization’s activities and achievements.
- Write, edit, design, and distribute communications materials, including publications, bulletins, brochures, success stories, stories on website and social media, annual reports, and other publicity materials that promote the organization’s key messages, activities and services.
- Monitor engagement metrics and support digital communications during online events.
- Maintain the JLI contact database and update it when necessary.
- Manage several general inquiry email inboxes, ensuring all inquiries are answered or forwarded to the relevant team members
- Produce visual content in accordance with JLI’s visual standards and identity.
- Ensure all the JLI content aligns with the organization’s message and mission.
- Coordinate and develop publication campaigns for JLI studies/ reports with the relevant departments.
- Performs any other tasks as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (Journalism, Communication, or Political and Social Studies).
- 3 years of experience in a similar position, NGO context preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the main relevant technical areas: context-oriented interpersonal communication, informative and forward communication, marketing communication, design, social media environments and developments, and creative and critical thinking.
- Proven previous experience in managing professional and organizational social media pages/ accounts.
- Proven knowledge of using relevant design and website software, as well as social media scheduling tools (such as Canva, Photoshop, Mailchimp, Divi, WordPress and Buffer)
- Proven previous experience in email marketing and communication and website management.
- Knowledge of using Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English.
Terms and conditions
- Contract duration: Oct 1, 2023 – Feb 29, 2024
- Expected start date: October 1, 2023
- Job type: Part time up to 15 hours per week
- Location: remote
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV (2 pages maximum), a motivation letter (1 page maximum), and 1 graphic design sample to [email protected] with the following subject line “Communication Specialist – [your name]” by September 11, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position may be filled once a suitable candidate has been selected.