Job type: Part time 16-20 hours per week with opportunity for increase in hours
The Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities (JLI) is an international collaboration between practitioners and researchers on evidence for faith actors’ roles in achieving development and humanitarian goals. We seek full and appropriate engagement of the capacities of faith-based groups in the achievement of the SDGs through effective partnerships with public sector and secular entities, as well as among religious groups themselves.
Reports to: JLI CEO
As a growing organization, this position is responsible for maintaining and improving financial and operational systems within the organization, liaising internally with staff and externally with existing organizational contractors for accounting and HR support.
General Administration and Program Management:
- Provide day to day administrative and operational support to small, high-performing team
- Maintain proper office records/filings as appropriate
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and highlighting opportunities to improve implementing procedures by proposing actionable solutions
- Develop program reports to donor requirements, soliciting and managing input as needed from JLI staff team
- Review and ensure Implementation of policies and procedures in accordance to regulations and donor requirement
- Provide sound support to organizational strategies and ensure that financial systems, analysis and reporting effectively and efficiently support the organization’s needs
- Ensure that consistent reporting, effective internal controls and accounting standards are in place across projects
- Manage consultant contracts, including review of invoices and payment approval
- Oversee monthly financial close, analyses and support finance operations as needed Liaise with and support JLI Finance and Audit Consultants on preparation of financial reports, budgets and audits
- Prepare necessary reports and documentation for audits
- Develop and oversee annual and long-term budgetary planning and cost management for organization
- Support project analysis, including pricing and costing of proposals and validation of plans
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Serve as primary point person for HR, recruitment and retainment of staff
- Responsible for payroll services and processing including: processing attendance and payroll data, reporting to payroll services, check verification and distribution.
- Oversee compliance and ensure all state, federal and other reporting and registration is completed on time
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience successfully leading finance or operations
- Highly organized with attention to detail and deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent quantitative skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Successful experience working in a multicultural environment
- Experience with finance management, work with complex information and data and / or information systems implementation
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks experience required and experience with bill.com is a plus
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable information
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as SQL, Access, etc.
Experience in a non-profit organization with international program activities.
Please send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org