JLI is hiring a project and finance assistant!
General Administration and program management
- Provide day to day administrative and program support
- Support management of consultants including travel and contract management
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate and support online file management
- Document and operationalize how JLI stores interactions and information for network
- Support Knowledge Manager & Research Director on special projects as assigned
- Supports continuous improvement by highlighting difficulties in implementing procedures or gaps in procedures
- General administrative duties may include ensuring office supplies are stocked, coordinating travel and calendars
- Provide support to JLI Board and Executive Committee meetings as needed
- Provide support to projects on financial management process, and finance compliance
- Review consultant invoices and approve for payment
- Assist with monthly financial reports and support finance operations as needed
- Website management tasks, include uploading files, updating posts
- Assist with any website development support needed
- Undergraduate degree AND a minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- Highly organized with experience in providing administrative support
- Computer skills are a must including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and WordPress (Salesforce and Zoom platform experience is a plus)
- Professional communication style and presentation, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Successful experience working in a multicultural environment
- Must be authorized to work in the US and will be required to work in the Washington DC area.
- An interest or background in international public health and development a plus.
- Experience in a non-profit organization with international program activities.
Job type: Part-time freelance contractor, 15 hours per week with opportunity for an increase in hours
Reports to: Senior Manager Programs and Knowledge
Please email [email protected] with resume, cover letter and in subject line: Project and Finance Assistant