Effectively Engaging Local Faith Leaders in Disaster Risk Reduction
Nagulan Nesiah, Episcopal Relief & Development
Lauren Kejah and Lydia Tanner, Tearfund
Convened by Hub Co-chairs: Catriona Dejean, Tearfund and Andrea Kaufmann, World Vision International
- Hub Introduction and 2018 Work (Catriona Dejean)
- Role of Local Faith Actors in the context of the localisation agenda (Catriona Dejean)
Lauren Kejeh, Tearfund and Lydia Tanner, The Research People will be presenting on:
- Disasters and the local church
Nagulan Nesiah will be presenting on:
- Episcopal Relief & Development’s faith engagement through asset-based approaches
- Sri Lanka case study in engaging local pastors in disaster risk reduction efforts and how to encourage other local communities to adopt and engage in similar efforts
Discussion led by JLI MLFC Co-chairs (Andrea Kaufmann and Catriona Dejean)
- Many times when organizations support churches in immediate relief, they ask about how to rebuild the church itself, especially regarding their infrastructure & financial issues due to the disaster, how have your organizations addressed this?
- What about examples local financing?
- How do local faith committees link into the political and local government structures that exist in the area, in regards to disaster risk reduction efforts?